Rule Category: High Speed
Rule Classification: Binary
Specifies the distance two track segments can run in parallel, for a given separation.
- Layer Checking - specifies where the two track segments to be checked should reside:
- Same Layer (default) - the track segments for the targeted nets are both on the same layer
- Adjacent Layers - the track segments for the targeted nets are on adjacent layers.
- For a parallel gap of - specifies the parallel gap that should exist between two track segments before they can be considered for test. (Default = 10mil).
- The parallel limit is - specifies the maximum permissible parallel length of two track segments (on different nets), when the parallel gap constraint is observed over the entire length. (Default = 10000mil).
How Duplicate Rule Contentions are Resolved
Duplicate rules do not create contentions for this rule.
Online DRC and Batch DRC.
This rule tests track segments, not collections of track segments. Apply multiple parallel segment constraints to a net to approximate crosstalk characteristics that vary as a function of length and gap.